LINGUIST List 15.3444
Thu Dec 09 2004
Jobs: Machine Learning/Acoustics: Researcher, MA
Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessalinguistlist.org>
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobnet.html.
This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment
standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
English & Machine Learning And/Or Acoustic Researcher: Researcher, Dictaphone , MA, USA
Message 1: English & Machine Learning And/Or Acoustic Researcher: Researcher, Dictaphone , MA, USA
From: Amy Uhrbach <amy.uhrbachdictaphone.com>
Subject: English & Machine Learning And/Or Acoustic Researcher: Researcher, Dictaphone , MA, USA
University or Organization: Dictaphone
Department: Core Speech Research & Development
Job Rank: Researcher
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Machine Learning, Acoustics
Required Language: English (ENG)
Core Speech Research & Development at Dictaphone is looking for a senior or
principal Speech/Computational linguistics research engineer. A successful
candidate will have significant experience with advanced speech algorithm,
machine learning, natural language processing, and software development
techniques and processes. S/he should have the ability to provide technical
leadership and to innovate solutions for complex and difficult problems.
The research engineer will work with the speech modeling and engineering
- Develop high quality speech and machine learning algorithms and software
that are reliable, efficient, and thoroughly documented.
- Determine and/or consult on project design and algorithms for integrated
speech and machine learning components.
- Review, evaluate, and implement new machine learning, linguistic,
acoustic, natural language processing, and computer methods and tools.
- Recommend and develop innovative solutions for complex and difficult
speech recognition problems.
- Establish and/or consult on full documentation and test/validation
procedures. Write detailed research reports, and design and functional
- Minimum of MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Speech, Computational
Linguistics, or equivalent plus 5-6 years of experience. PhD a plus.
- Expert in speech recognition, machine learning, natural language
processing, and research methodologies. Acoustic analysis a plus.
- Broad application of algorithm and software development principles,
processes, theories, and concepts.
- Has developed specialized theoretical and practical skills with working
knowledge of related disciplines.
- Proficiency in at least one data manipulation language (Perl or Python)
and at least one programming language.
- Good working knowledge of appropriate research protocols and software
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organization skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
This position is in Burlington, MA.
Please apply on (http://www.dictaphone.com). Click on careers. Applicants must
apply on the web site, please do not email or call directly.
Address for Applications:
Application Deadline: 31-Jan-2005
This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue