The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2017 Fund Drive.
Learn It Town, LLC
|Type of Work:||Teaching|
|Duration:||09-JUN-2014 to (Undetermined)|
|Internship Location:||Not Specified|
|Minimum Education Level:||BA|
Learn It Town, LLC is offering an Internship in English online teaching.
The intern will be expected to:
- gather materials, greet students;
- prepare lesson plans for each class;
- record hours volunteered;
- (if teaching only one evening per week) communicate with co-instructor assigned at least 24 hours before class;
- teaching assistants will assist teachers with above duties and work with small groups on lessons.
- native or near-native command of English;
- ability to work with online environments (no technophobia!);
- "the ideal teaching personality" - assertiveness, creativity, spirit, being "fun to work with" and, most of all, interesting;
- experience teaching;
- enrolled in an university majoring in TESOL and/or teaching ESL preferred;
- experience learning a foreign language preferred, but not needed;
- should be self-motivated with good coordination/planning skills and creative ability;
- must have proven ability to work independently in an organized, time-efficient, results-oriented manner;
- must work effectively and professionally with diverse groups, all levels of staff within organization, and the public;
- excellent interpersonal skills and effective oral and written communication skills.
How to apply:
Please contact Laura Jeffcoat at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn It Town, LLC offers a “Teaching in Online Immersive Educational Environments” Certificate for completion of our 16 hour training program. This is free to our interns ($1,500 value).
|Application Deadline:||(Open until filled)|
|Apply By Email:||lauralearnittown.com|
|For More Information, Contact:||
Ms Laura Jeffcoat
|Return to Browse Internships Return to Internships|