FYI: Summer School,Research Initiative,New Website
C A L L F O R P A R T I C I P A T I O N|
NEW! deadline for early registration: June 1, 2000
International Summer School on Computational Logic
Maratea (Italy), September 3-8
The school is addressed to young researchers and PhD students, as well
as to university and industry researchers. Its main goal is to give
the participants an insight of some relevant research lines in
The school consists of six lectures on different topics, including
theoretical foundations and practical perspectives. Each lecture
covers one topic from basic notions to more advanced issues. PhD
students may ask to have a proficiency final exam at the end of the
school. The lecturers and the topics are the following:
- Moreno Falaschi (University of Udine, Italy). Optimization of
- Thom Fruehwirth (LMU Munich, Germany). Constraint Programming and
- Peter Lee (Carnegie Mellon University, USA). Proof Carrying Code.
- Dale Miller (The Pennsylvania State University, USA). A Logic for
Reasoning about Logic Specifications.
- Paul Tarau (University of North Texas, USA). Logic Programming
based Internet Technologies.
- Frits Vaandrager (University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands).
Verification of timed and hybrid systems.
The lectures will be given in the congress center of Hotel Villa del
Mare, Acquafredda di Maratea (Basilicata, Italy) which is 6 km away
from Maratea. The hotel is in a beautiful position in front of the
sea, with a swimming pool, a lift to its private beach, cinema-club
and many other facilities. Maratea is an ancient city on the Gulf of
Policastro, founded during the Greek period. It is the only portion
of Lucania on the Tyrrhenian sea, situated in one of the mos
beautiful parts of the Italian southern coast.
The registration fee covers proceedings, full board, refreshments and
social events. There is no deadline for late registration, however the
number of participants is limited and application requests will be
served on a FIFO basis.
Early registration (before May 15th)
- double room: 800 Eur
- single room: 900 Eur
Late registration (after May 15th)
- double room: 900 Eur
- single room: 1000 Eur
Limited funds will be available for grants. To apply for a gran
please contact one of the organizers.
Details over the registration procedure will soon be available at the
school home page.
* ALP - The Association for Logic Programming.
* COMPULOG Net - The European Network in Computational Logic.
* GULP - The Italian association for Logic Programming.
* CYBERTEC. http://www.cybertec.it.
Lectures are planned to start on Sunday early morning and to end on
Friday morning before 12:00.
For further informations, please see
or contact the School Organizers:
Sandro Etalle (University of Maastricht)
Maurizio Gabbrielli (University of Udine)