The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
FYI: Call for Posters: DGfS Annual Conference - Computational Linguistics Section
First Call For Posters
DGfS Conference 2015
Computational Linguistics Section
In the Annual German Linguistic Society (DGfS) Conference 2015, a poster session of the Computational Linguistics Section will take place again and we would like to invite everyone to submissions.
The posters are not limited to specific topics, they should rather illustrate the diversity of computational linguistic content. In addition to own projects, also undergraduate, graduate and PhD students are encouraged to contribute, as the poster session is a good opportunity to come in the (first) professional exchange with fellow researchers. As usually, also demos can be presented as an addition to the posters.
The conference will take place on 4-6 March 2015 at the University of Leipzig. The poster session is scheduled for the 5 March 2015 in the lunch break.
- For the submission, we need the names of the authors, the affiliation (university, company etc.), a title and an abstract.
- The abstract should be maximally 300 words long (including the title and references, no more than one page (Times New Roman, 12pt, single line spacing) should be taken).
- The requested format for the abstracts is .doc or .rtf.
- Please let us know if there is a demo in addition to the poster and which equipment is needed (like multimedia projector).
- Please send the information and abstracts for the submissions to Maciej Janicki (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You can also include the application for the scholarship.
The deadline for submissions is 31 August 2014.
Please feel free to ask any questions via e-mail.
The website of the poster session can be found at:
http://asvdoku.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/dgfs2015cl-ps/ (currently only in German)
The website of the conference is:
Also in 2015 there will be a scholarship of 250 euro awarded to one student participant of the poster session. The applicants must be DGfS-members and pay the reduced membership fee. For more information, please contact Stefanie Dipper (email@example.com).
We are looking forward to many interesting submissions!